Thursday, August 20, 2009

Vector Artwork

It's been a long time since I've done any vector artwork, and my poster was the first major digital piece I've done all year. So to keep myself from going rusty, I'm doing a new vector portrait and I've decided to post my day-to-day progress here. Granted, I'm unable to do this on my computer at home because of the limited power it has (I plan on stopping by campus I.T. to get that fixed, possibly,) so I'm forced to do this on the school computers, which I don't mind. It keeps me focused even more than I would be at home.
The image itself is of one of my cousins from Puerto Rico. Doesn't she look gorgeous? I have lots of photos from my stay on the island, and I plan on using a good deal of it for personal artwork, including doing some landscapes of the areas I visited. As you can see, I only have the basics of the image right now, but I should be able to get to the details of the work soon enough. In a way, working in vector is like working in paint, you have to block in all of the major shapes or shades first and once you have the general idea of the image, you can go in and add the finer details that help it pop right out or give it an abundance of life.