Wednesday, August 5, 2009

School Update

Classes don't officially start until the 24th of August, but I'm trying to get prepared ahead of time for things. I can't go into specifics, but the general agenda is:

1.) Get job-finding/self-promotion material finished up.
2.) Complete 7 pieces of art to further self-promotion.
3.) Contact teachers ahead of time to discuss certain aspects of senior year.

I'm meeting with someone in career services semi-weekly to help make sure I take care of objective #1 and stay on top of finding myself an internship or career for once I'm out of school.

For now though, I'd like to point out a friend's blog. It's a food critic blog covering random restaurants in Sarasota, written by a friend of mine who is a graduated culinary student and professional chef. I went with him to a restaurant today which he gave a very well-written review for. If you're in the Sarasota area or interested in the culinary business, this may be a good blog for you to read up on. He knows what he's talking about.
http://gastronomicanomalies.blogspot.com/

Here's a doodle I did while at the restaurant:
"Lantern and Vines"
Pen & Ink & Gouache on Sketch Paper, 3.5 x 5.5 inches.