Friday, July 31, 2009

First Post...

Hello, my name is C. Batista.

I'm a young artist who has decided to start up a blog for himself as a means of keeping active, building connections, and, hopefully, giving some knowledge to others who may come seeking it or gaining knowledge from others who are willing to give it.

As a senior in art school, I'm in the most stressful point of my life. This year is bound to come with trials and tribulations I can't even imagine... and I'm here to carry anyone who is willing to read with me for the bumpy ride. Hopefully this blog may prove enlightening for others and myself, as I may show others just what life inside a sketchbook is like and outsiders who read this may give me advice and help me.

If all goes well, I'll likely continue this blog, through the thick and thin, and show the aftermath despite it being good or bad. I know this much... I'll certainly be better off doing this than leaving all of my hard work unrecorded. It would be like throwing a sketchbook and all of its contents away into a trash bin.

I'll post some stuff tomorrow, but for now, here's a picture of me... If you're wondering why I'm on a train, tune in tomorrow after about 6:00pm or so (Eastern U.S. Time) and I'll tell you a story.


"When I work, I work very fast, but preparing to work can take any length of time." - Alice Neel